Early College Academy at Arnold
The Jefferson College Early College Academy will provide high school students the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts Degree while earning their high school diploma. This rigorous 62 credit hour academic cohort program will be available to high-achieving high school students in the Jefferson College service district. The program will consist of course work offered on the Arnold campus and online.
The following are the guiding parameters for the cohort program:
• Maximum enrollment 4 students
• To be considered eligible, applicants must have:
- Completed 1 year of high school chemistry with a grade of C or better
- Place into Precalculus*
- Place into Honors English Composition I*
- Have achieved Reading Proficiency per MDHE guidelines
- Receive principal/counselor recommendation and parental permission
• Competitive application process:
- ACCUPLACER/ACT Test Scores
- Non-Cognitive Assessment (SmarterMeasure)
- High School GPA of 3.9 or higher
- Essay – Blind Scoring (Topic: “How does the Early College Academy fit with my educational goals?”)
Final application selection will be based upon a scoring rubric that addresses the above items.
Download the application. (Please save the document to your computer first, then open it and enter your information. Once your application is complete, save the document.)
Deadline: applications must be postmarked by March 15, 2018.
Questions? Contact: Constance Kuchar, Coordinator of High School Outreach
(636) 481-3338 or email@example.com.