Parent & Child Swim Level I
A parent or guardian accompanies the child in the water as they participate in several guided practice sessions, that help children get introduced to the water.
Parents assist their child in water entry, bubble blowing, front-kicking, back-floating, underwater exploration, and more! This course is for non-swimmers and is offered in cooperation with the American Red Cross.
Note: A swimsuit, T-shirt and rubber pants, or "Little Swimmers" type disposable diapers must be worn by your child. NO regular disposable diapers.
Attention Parents: Please click the links below to print pertinent course materials for your child:
- Pre-School Swim Level I Parents Newsletter
- Basic Water Safety Rules for Parents
- Longfellow's Guidelines on Lifejackets
- U.S. Coast Guard Life Jacket Safety
- Developing Breath Control Safely
- Dangers of Hyperventilation
- Chain of Drowning Survival
- Recreational Water Illnesses
- Holding and Support Techniques
Swim: Parent & Child Level I (6-18 Months) (SWM 812)
Day/Date/Time: S, Jan 20 & 27, Feb. 3, 10, 17, & 24, Mar. 3, 10 & 17, Apr. 7
9:00 am - 9:30 am
Location: Field House, Pool
Instructor: Michelle Cobb
For assistance with registering your child please contact:
Michelle Cobb, Aquatic Programs Coordinator at