High School Art Exhibition
2018 Annual High School Art Exhibit Regulations
- Exhibit Dates: April 2 - 6, 2018
- Reception: Wednesday, April 4, 4:30 pm – 6 pm (includes screen printing demo)
- Entries Due: Wednesday, March 28, 9 am – 6 pm
- Entries may be dropped off earlier. Room 206, 208 or 212 in the Fine Arts Building, Jefferson College -or- Room 110, Arts & Sciences I Bldg
- Artwork Pick-Up: Wednesday, April 11- Friday, April 13 from 9 am - 3 pm or by appointment.
This is a juried exhibit. All work entered will be considered for display on the basis of quality and presentation. Any piece may be excluded at the discretion of the Jefferson College Art Department.
Please note the following regulations:
Entries limited to TWO per student, and 10 per instructor and combination in the following categories:
- A – Drawing: All media; including color
- B – Painting: oil/acrylic/watercolor
- C – Printmaking and Photography
- D – Jewelry/Metals
- E – Mixed Media
- F – Graphic Design
Depending on the entries received, categories may be added or deleted. Please indicate category by name on entry labels.
Exhibit is open to Juniors and Seniors.
All work should be original, having been completed within 2 years prior to the opening of the exhibition, under the supervision of an instructor. All work must be submitted ready to hang.
All stretched canvases must be framed (preferably strip or aluminum framed). All other media, such as drawings, pastels, watercolors, etc., must be properly matted and possibly protected by transparent acetate. A hanging device must be securely attached to the back and centered, allowing at least 1" clearance at top.
Each work must be submitted with enclosed EXHIBIT LABEL (page 2) securely attached to the upper right corner of the back and REGISTRATION FORM (page 2) loosely attached (easily removable) so that it hangs down from the lower right corner of the image and is viewable from the front. If more cards are needed, you may photocopy the enclosed EXHIBIT LABEL (page 2).
Dirty, scuffed or otherwise poorly presented work will not be considered.
If you have need for further information, please call Blake Carroll, 797-3000, Extension 3364 -or- Nick Nihira, Extension 3377.