You are here
The Peer Tutoring program provides one on one tutoring with a fellow student who has already been successful in the class.
For students wanting to request a peer tutor, the program provides one hour of FREE tutoring each week per class. Students with documented disabilities or students in Project Success may request additional tutoring hours. Request a tutor by submitting an online request form.
To be a peer tutor, students must have an overall 3.0 GPA . The GPA requirements must be met every semester. Peer tutors are paid $7.65 for individual tutoring or $8.95 for group tutoring. Jefferson College provides the training to be peer tutor.
Peer Tutor Requirements for CRLA Certification:
- Students must be willing to attend all training sessions
- Students must complete an online Jefferson College Application
- Students must complete the Peer Tutor Eligibility Form
- Students must complete training modules worksheet in the Testing Center
Watch the training videos below once you have been approved by the Peer Tutor Coordinator to be a Peer Tutor:
- Module 1: The Tutor's Role
- Module 2: Positive Reinforcement
- Module 3: Listening Skills
- Module 4: The Student's Ideas
- Module 5: The Importance of Student Verbalization
- Module 6: Questioning Skills
- Module 7: Helping the Student Become an Independent Learner
- Module 8: Direct Techniques
- Peer Tutor Training Worksheets (You will need to give these to your Peer Tutor Coordinator.)