You are here
National Technical Honor Society
The National Technical Honor Society currently serves approximately 200,000 members and awards over $160,000 in scholarships to its members annually. NTHS honors the achievements of top CTE students, provides scholarships to encourage the pursuit of higher education, and cultivates excellence in today’s highly competitive, skilled workforce. For over 30 years, NTHS has been the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career and technical education.
The purpose of the National Technical Honor Society is:
- To promote the ideals of honesty, service, leadership, and skill development among Jefferson College students;
- To reward scholastic achievement in career and technical education;
- To assist Jefferson College students in their pursuit of career and educational goals;
- To help build and maintain a stronger, more positive image for Jefferson College career and technical students and programs in the local community;
- To encourage the practice of high standards of personal and professional conduct and individual responsibility among the membership;
- To help Jefferson College initiate and maintain strong working partnerships with local institutions of business, industry and commerce;
- To provide opportunity for the exchange of ideas and experiences through meetings and activities.
”‹Student Membership in the Jefferson College Chapter of NTHS shall be composed of persons who are enrolled in workforce education programs or majors, and who have earned a GPA of 3.5 or better. Members may be from any and/or all career and technical education programs or majors within Jefferson College and must have been duly approved by the chapter advisor. Membership is by invitation only.
Chris DeGeare, Club Advisor